Psychiatrist - ConsultantMarilyn Benoit,M.D. is a psychiatrist who is Board Certified in both Adult and Child & Adolescent psychiatry. Dr. Benoit also has a graduate degree in business administration.
She provides psychiatric based consulting with business acumen to:
- Public agencies including social services, child welfare, community mental health agencies; schools and school administrations.
- Private organizations on subjects including organizational behavior, management challenges and crisis response.
- Dr. Benoit also serves as an expert witness and/or testifying authority to law firms on legal issues, excluding divorce and child custody matters.
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) is a novel treatment for depression that has not responded to standard medications. It is approved by the Food & Drug Administration.
- TMS does not require any sedation or use of any injections.
- Magnetic pulses are delivered to the brain through the skull from a coil that is placed on the left frontal area of the head.
- The magnetic pulses convert into electric current that goes through the brain and re-sets the polarization of the neurons to normalize functioning and improve mood.
- Each session lasts about 45 to 60 minutes and the patient is fully awake and is able to resume normal duties after the session.
- Most common immediate side effects are discomfort in the area of the stimulation, and/or headache that is treatable with over the counter analgesics.
- Financing is available.