Anxiety and Depression TreatmentDr. Benoit provides psychotherapies (behavioral therapy, supportive, insight oriented, interactive) for anxiety and depression treatment, amongst other disorders that are tailored to the individual or family’s needs as well as medication management as necessary.
Dr. Benoit recently added Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Therapy for treatment resistant depression in Adults to her practice. This novel treatment was approved by the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) one year ago.
Dr. Benoit’s psychiatric services consist of the evaluation of emotional, behavioral and neuropsychiatric disorders including:
- Depression & Bipolar Disorder in adults and in children & adolescents
- Autism & autism spectrum disorders; individuals with developmental disorders
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Attention Deficit Disorder
- Tic Disorders including Tourette’s syndrome
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- PANDAS (Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorder after Streptococcus)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Dissociative Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Stress Reactions such as those. related to illness or death; or situational adversities
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) is a novel treatment for depression that has not responded to standard medications. It is approved by the Food & Drug Administration.
- TMS does not require any sedation or use of any injections.
- Magnetic pulses are delivered to the brain through the skull from a coil that is placed on the left frontal area of the head.
- The magnetic pulses convert into electric current that goes through the brain and re-sets the polarization of the neurons to normalize functioning and improve mood.
- Each session lasts about 45 to 60 minutes and the patient is fully awake and is able to resume normal duties after the session.
- Most common immediate side effects are discomfort in the area of the stimulation, and/or headache that is treatable with over the counter analgesics.
- Financing is available.