Adult, Adolescent, and Child Psychiatrist
Marilyn Benoit, M.D. is both an Adult psychiatrist as well as a Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist. She is Board Certified in both specialties. Dr. Benoit graduated from Georgetown University Medical School in Washington, DC, and completed all her specialty training at Georgetown as well. Dr. Benoit provides diagnostic and treatment services to adults, children, young adults and to families. As a physician, Dr. Benoit will explore all medical possibilities for a patient’s symptoms and will refer for medical specialist consultation as necessary. Her approach to intervention is educational and holistic, to include recommendations for nutritional changes and incorporation of exercise, play and relaxation in the treatment plan. Dr. Benoit will collaborate with other care providers as necessary.
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) is a novel treatment for depression that has not responded to standard medications. It is approved by the Food & Drug Administration.
- TMS does not require any sedation or use of any injections.
- Magnetic pulses are delivered to the brain through the skull from a coil that is placed on the left frontal area of the head.
- The magnetic pulses convert into electric current that goes through the brain and re-sets the polarization of the neurons to normalize functioning and improve mood.
- Each session lasts about 45 to 60 minutes and the patient is fully awake and is able to resume normal duties after the session.
- Most common immediate side effects are discomfort in the area of the stimulation, and/or headache that is treatable with over the counter analgesics.
- Financing is available.
: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file
]: http://www.marilynbenoitmd.com/blog-backup.rss:1: parser error : Document is empty in /home/marilynb/public_html/leerblog.php
on line 6
Sintaxi rss inválida
Kent Island Office:
141 Log Canoe Circle Stevensville, Maryland 21666 Tel:
1015 33rd Street NW, Suite 115 Washington DC 20007 Tel:
Also serving Annapolis, Bowie, and Columbia, MD.